Health Catalyst is pleased to offer a scholarship program to encourage diverse candidates from all walks of life to pursue a career in technology. The selected scholarship candidate will receive full-paid tuition for Devmountain’s web development program and will be a strong candidate for internships in Health Catalyst’s Technology Department in early 2020. This scholarship is for the Devmountain Web Development course in Lehi, UT, beginning on December 16 (apply by Dec 9). This scholarship includes housing at Devmountain’s facilities during the course of the 13-week, immersive bootcamp, if needed.
To participate in this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Brings diversity, whether acquired or inherent, to the technology industry and their work as a developer
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new technologies quickly
- Continuous learner, hard-working, and humble
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong desire to pursue a career in Software Engineering
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willing to relocate or are located in or near the Salt Lake City metro area
- Able to complete Devmountain application process and be accepted into Devmountain’s Web Development program (apply by Dec 9)
Applicants are encouraged to submit their scholarship applications before December 9, 2019. The Health Catalyst team will be reviewing applications as they come in and recommends that you apply as quickly as possible if you want to be considered for this scholarship.
Why Sponsor Diversity in Engineering
Health Catalyst, a data warehousing, analytics and outcomes-improvement company that helps healthcare organizations, is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of their efforts, they created this Diversity in Engineering Scholarship to advocate for those who are currently underrepresented in the tech industry. Diversity includes differences in gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability status, work experience, and so many other variations in the human experience.
As a coding bootcamp striving to increase diversity in technology, we are excited to see Health Catalyst sponsor a qualified individual to receive their education at Devmountain. Together, we believe that the only way to drive change is to invest in developing and supporting diverse groups of engineers.
We not only hope that many people will apply for this scholarship, but that they will also make an effort to receive a technology-based education regardless if they are the chosen candidate.
Scholarship, Program, and Housing Details
The Diversity in Engineering Scholarship is open to candidates who are hard-working and have an interest in starting a career in technology. A candidate will be selected by Health Catalyst and will go through the Web Development Program at Devmountain.
Applicants will be applying for the following course and date:
- Web Development Immersive Course in Lehi, Utah: December 16, 2019 – March 20, 2020. Apply by December 9.
Devmountain’s Web Development Immersive Course includes 13 weeks of in-person instruction on coding in Lehi, Utah. Throughout the 13 weeks, you will receive instruction and guidance from a team of experienced web developers. By the end of your 13th week, you will walk away with a better understanding for how to code the front-end and back-end of a website.
Click here to learn more about Devmountain’s Web Development Immersive Program.
Devmountain also includes housing at no extra cost for immersive students. As the selected candidate, you will have access to Devmoutain’s Student Housing.
Click here to learn more about Devmountain’s Student Housing Plan.
After the selected candidate finishes their bootcamp, they will have an opportunity to apply and be strongly considered for an internship with Health Catalyst.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the Diversity in Engineering Scholarship, we encourage you to apply now. Health Catalyst will close the scholarship as soon as they find a candidate, but no earlier than Dec 9, 2019. Make sure you apply before that date.
To apply, visit the Health Catalyst website. You will need the following to fill out the application:
- Your name, email, phone number, and location
- An updated resume
- A cover letter (optional)
- A 300-500 word essay on what motivates you to pursue a career in software engineering
- A 300-500 word essay that speaks to your experience learning a new skill or piece of knowledge that you recently developed at a job, in the classroom, or on your own
You will also be asked a series of questions such as how you heard about this scholarship, if you live in Utah, and if you would be willing to relocate.
Together, we are excited to invest in the future and increase diversity in the tech industry.
[cta id=”1269″ vid=”0″]