Web Development Is Not for the Faint of Heart, That’s Why You Should Learn It
At first glance, web development may seem like technological magic inaccessible to all but the most gifted geniuses, but that couldn’t be further from the truth—not because it’s not a hard skill to master—but because it’s a skill that’s actually pretty easy to start learning. All of that’s to say, web development is not for the faint of heart, but that’s exactly why you should learn it. So, if you’ve ever wondered what is web development, read on to learn more about coding magic.
What Is Web Development?
So, what is web development? Well, it’s basically what makes the internet work. When you go to a website using a web browser, you can rest assured that a web developer had something to do with what you’re seeing. Of course, you don’t have to be a professional web developer to put together a website in today’s world, but the tools that make it possible for anyone to go and build a website were put together by developers. Web development is exactly what it sounds like—the development of the web, in whatever form websites, applications, or online software takes.
Things Web Developers Do
- Build web-based environments using code
- Work with back-end servers and databases
- Work on front-end, user-facing interfaces
- Can drink a lot of caffeine, hot or cold
- Argue about the pronunciation of GIF
Why Learn Web Development?
Once you know what web development is, you may wonder if web development is worth learning. Well, yes, it can be worth learning if you enjoy problem-solving and technology, and you want to learn a modern skill that can help you in the job market. You may learn how to develop websites and applications so you can change your career, or you may learn it to help with personal hobbies and interests. Why you learn web development is dependent on your specific situation and circumstances, just like any other educational pursuit.
What You Can Do With Web Development
- Build a website for one or many businesses
- Develop a modern web-based application
- Work with UX designers and software QA specialists
- Pursue career opportunities in the world of technology
- Understand programming puns and humor
- Pretend you’re hacking into the mainframe
How Hard Is Devmountain?
Devmountain is a coding bootcamp that offers accelerated programs, making it possible for students to learn web development in thirteen weeks. Sound hard? Well, it most certainly is, but it’s also possible, so you should look into it if you’re serious about learning how to code. Sure, you could teach yourself how to code using online tutorials and resources, but that’s hard too. And, it’s free, you’re thinking. But, it will most likely take longer. And, why haven’t you taught yourself already?
Why Learn Coding at Devmountain?
- Immerse yourself in what you’re learning
- Become part of the development community
- Build a meaningful portfolio quickly
- Participate in tech hiring events
- Accomplish something challenging and rewarding
- Get included housing (for in-person immersive students)
- Change your career options and opportunities
Think You Have What It Takes to Learn Web Development?
At Devmountain, we know that a career in web development isn’t for everyone, but we also know that with the right attitude and determination, you can be ready to pursue a junior web development job after completing our 13-week Web Development program. After checking out the program, why not see if any upcoming start dates would work for your schedule?